Thursday, May 10, 2018

OPP Update: May 2018



Happy May Blog Readers,

I apologize for giving you my OPP update so late in the month.  However, I had a good reason.  The last few days, I was tutoring a student from Houston in Algebra II.  In less than a week, I had accumulated 7 hours of tutoring time with this student.  Most of my students tend to quit after 1 or 2 sessions, but this student was determined to learn, and I appreciate that.  

Providing tutoring lessons using the Wyzant platforms has increased my credibility, and in 2018, I have had more tutoring requests than I have had in previous years.  With this momentum, I plan to promote myself a little more, and hopefully, I can start tutoring more frequently.  All of my proceeds from tutoring will go right to my bitcoin wallet.  

In April, I found out that my Staples servicing will end.  Last month, my 15-month stint with Tan Physics came to an abrupt end.  I was told by my supervisor that Tan Physics was going in a new direction.  At the time, I thought several of the reps would be let go.  I soon discovered that I was the only casualty.  It's my speculation that since more than 99% of the Tan Physics customers are female, they wanted female reps to service them

Even though I enjoyed my time working with Tan Physics, I am not happy with the way I was dismissed.  On Wednesday, April 25, just 15 days ago, I had started my shift as usual.  One thing my supervisor did mention is that his bosses were listening on calls that day.  As I was waiting for the next call, first, I was signed out of Ring Central; then I was removed from the Skype group before receiving a call from my supervisor, letting me know that I was relieved.  For someone who showed up for work daily for 15 months, I felt that they could have showed me more respect as far as how I was relieved of my duty.  It was a hard pill to swallow, but life goes on.  I don't need them!

For now, my only main source of income is the Staples position through Arise (until the end of June).  Even though my hours have increased now that I am available all day, I will lose some income, because between Tan Physics and Staples, I was working close to 60 hours a week.  For now, my hours have been reduced to about 45 hours a week (including Sundays).

I was given a voucher through my IBO (Arise's Independent Business Owner) to sign up for another client.  I wanted to work for Barnes & Noble, but as of now, no classes are available for this client, so tomorrow, I will have to choose another client to service.  In the meantime, I will be seeking a second income for the time being, either through Upwork, or perhaps another company, Working Solutions.

Working less hours means that I now have more time to work my businesses.  I have started working on the emails that will become part of my affiliate funnel.  Once I finish creating these emails (which will be 8-10 emails), they will be a part of my email campaign, for which I plan to start promoting on Facebook.  The purpose of these emails will be to create my list, then start a business relationship with this list in hopes of receiving sales.  In addition, I will start promoting my personal website as well to get more direct sales.  

Another campaign that I will start is to refer people to Coinbase, which is a digital currency exchange.  When I refer people to Coinbase, and they buy, sell, or trade at least $100 in bitcoins, I will receive $10 in bitcoins (as well as my referral).  My plan is to refer 1500 people, and receive $10 from each, which will give me the $15k I need to move back into my own place.  Of course, I may have other sources of income that will contribute to the $15k, but 1500 referrals is still the goal.   

For right now, I have halted my training from the BWC in order to complete the emails for my affiliate funnel.  Once the emails are complete, then I will lean my focus into learning how to trade crytocurrencies (I plan to have at least $100 in my bitcoin wallet by then).  Trading crytocurrencies will help me get to the $15k I need.  

I have my work cut out for me this month, but then again, these are the things I need to do in order to enjoy financial freedom in the months ahead!  Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that you've got let go. At least you found the light at the end of the tunnel - more time to work your biz. I wish you well! - Corrisa

    ReplyDelete